Paul Carroll, 25, Australia


I had a very good time at Muang Yai School in Pho Sai, Ubon Ratchathani. Teachers and students were very welcoming and friendly. It definitely re-inforced the image as “Thailand- the land of smiles”. I found my experience teaching at this school extremely rewarding, as both teachers and students were eager to learn English from me and find out about where I come from. I hope, with the help of your excellent English teacher, the students can continue to learn English and retain their enthusiasm for it. I thank you for giving me the opportunity to teach at your school, I will highly recommend you to any prospective volunteers I may meet in the future. All the best. - Paul Carroll.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Paul,
Small World, I'm from Aus as well (Tasmania)and the family of my Thai girlfriend (she says wife) have a holding at Pho Sai where they visit to grow rubber trees and do other cropping.

Well done, as Phoi Sai is off the track a bit, but still close to the Mekong, which is always worth viewing.

I am retired in Ubon CBD, but have taught a little in the wife's main village Ban Tha Lat (about 20k from Ubon CBD). Ban Tha Lat is where the family of my wife have their main farm and house.

The students there are rural also and greatly appreciate help with their English.

As I know Aidan I intend to contact him to see whether I would be a suitable volunteer teacher here and there around Ubon.
cheers
Phil Rose

Netting said...

Hello Philip,

Great to hear the comment from you.
Leave your contact for us or email
us at englishcrazyclub@gmail.com or visit
our project at www.englishcrazyclub.org

Cheers,
Netting
ECC