Hannah Macklin, 28, England




Working with Learn2Give will certainly be the experience that stands out most in my memories of Thailand 2009, and it’s not over yet!

I arrived in Ubon Ratchathani to be met by the lovely Jan and Aom, who looked after me so well from that point forward. They helped to show me around Ubon, teach me some Isaan language, and taste Isaan food (sep lai lai!). A big thanks to Jan’s family for putting me up/putting up with me!

I was lucky to be invited to join a project with Ubon University (UBU). It was a research project aimed at improving the English vocabulary, pronunciation and teaching methods of Isaan primary school teachers that did not major in English at university. We organized a camp for them over 5 days, and stayed in a lovely hotel in Ubon. I was nervous about whether the teachers would want to participate in all the games during the camp, and was genuinely very impressed with everyone’s enthusiasm, participation and willingness to learn. It showed me that teachers in Thailand are very committed; they gave up their holidays to improve their teaching!




It was great to work with all the Learn2Give staff (mostly English students from UBU). They were all great fun and a great help with my Thai language, thank you very much! I am so impressed with the Learn2Give staff, they work hard on their studies, and love English so much that they give p their free time to help others. My experience with Learn2Give encouraged me to stay on in Thailand as a teacher, and I am now happily working in a primary school in Nakhon Sawan. I will be back to visit all my friends in Ubon very soon.




If you are considering traveling to Thailand and working with Learn2Give, I would really encourage you to do so. You will have a great experience, and hopefully give something back to Thailand. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about my experience in Ubon.




Hannah
hmacklin@hotmail.com

No comments: